In today’s complex and disruptive world, innovation is key to staying relevant to customers, keeping ahead of the competition and taking advantage of emerging digital technologies. The Innovation & Corporate Entrepreneurship Essentials Program will equip you with insights, skills, and tools to act as a frontrunner in innovation and corporate entrepreneurship within your organization. Renowned WHU faculty members, with extensive international experience, will share with you the latest research results, practical tools and agile methods for innovation in a variety of formats. The program is designed to engage all aspects of innovation and entrepreneurship through lectures, group work, case studies, and a Serious Lego Play Session. Bonus: You get a glimpse into real-life innovation during an exclusive company tour.
You will be awarded with a WHU Executive Education Certificate after successfully completing the program.
|Category||Corporate & Digital Transformation|
Your program at a glance
Competitive disruption, disintermediation, shrinking product life cycles, and constantly changing customer needs and expectations: these are some of the serious challenges most businesses face today. To survive – let alone thrive – you need to accelerate and sustain innovation by seizing the opportunities emerging from innovative technological advances and new business models, data and analytics.
The Innovation & Corporate Entrepreneurship Essentials Program is targeted at young professionals, executives and middle managers from various industry backgrounds who want to apply corporate entrepreneurship and innovation principles to their own businesses. The program consists of a range of different teaching format is which will help engage with all aspects of innovation: the learning experience encompasses lectures, group work, case studies, simulations, and a Serious Lego Play Session. You’ll also have the chance to reach out to your program peers and exchange relevant experiences and generate more practical ideas. WHU’s experienced, renowned faculty members are experts in entrepreneurship, innovation, technological and corporate transformation and they will share their latest research results and practical tools during the program, giving you cutting-edge science and management insights on entrepreneurship and innovation.
You will learn how to leverage your organizational talent and resources to foster innovation within your own firm. The program explores state-of-the-art innovation practices for stronger (digital) customer experience, successful ecosystem of partnerships with start-ups and strategic relationships with users and communities. To understand the human side of innovation, you will take a deep dive into the culture and leadership styles of innovation. You will also be introduced to the novel structures used by companies to stimulate innovation (e.g. ambidextrous organization, Spotify-model, micro-structures). You will gain key insights during an exclusive company tour on why innovation matters, how it impacts crucial organizational areas and how to implement it successfully for your own business.
Innovation is all about dynamics and speed: learn to drive innovation to the market with start-up velocity and gain the necessary innovation tools to boost your business competitiveness and power your future growth!
For more detailed information about program content, check out the current schedule.
- Recognize why most companies struggle with innovation, why most innovations fail and how breakthrough innovations really happen in leading companies
- Understand how to make a compelling case for innovation and lead the charge for innovation in your organization
- Develop the skills to unleash your creativity, inspire passion for innovation and build a vibrant innovation culture
- Gain a deep understanding of the strategic implications of innovation
- Gather insights into design thinking, rapid prototyping, agile implementation and other start-up like approaches to innovation
- Learn how to deal with creative destruction and disruption to establish an entrepreneurship spirit within your company
- Realize how companies can build successful innovation ecosystems with external stakeholders (start-ups, universities and even competitors)
Young professionals, executives and middle managers wanting to
- grasp the importance and applicability of innovation & entrepreneurship into your own organization
- cultivate an innovation culture throughout your company
- foster and drive innovation
- ignite creative talent
- recognize, attain and exploit smart ideas from outside your business
- better understand and serve customer needs
- accelerate the time from idea to market
- embed AI, big data and digital tools in the heart of your innovation processes
- initiate and lead innovation-driven organizational transformation
- transform your business unit/function
This program is suitable for companies of all sectors and sizes. The minimum number of participants for the program is 12.
Program format and module dates
This program runs for 3 days at WHU Campus Düsseldorf, Germany.