What do you do when your customers seem distracted or unreachable, in particular during this time of uncertainty? Learn how to make use of Design Thinking: a transformational tool that can help your organization develop solutions, services and experiences that resonate with your customers.
During this fully interactive online workshop spread over two modules (3 hours each), you will learn and apply design thinking and other agile tools which will help you stabilize and sustain your business model beyond volatile developments. You will get to know various transformational skills which can help you stay innovative and gain competitive advantage in times of crisis. We have designed this online workshop to give you a practical understanding of the essentials Design Thinking skills and mindset. This online workshop is delivered live, in a highly interactive fashion and includes group work.
You will be awarded with a Digital WHU Executive Education Certificate after successfully completing the workshop.
|Category||Corporate & Digital Transformation|
|Next date||Oct 20, 2020 - Oct 27, 2020|
Your program at a glance
During this live online workshop, you will gain an understanding of the power of Design Thinking to transform your business in times of change. In addition, you will have the opportunity to re-design your own business model and get feedback from your peers during virtual groupwork.
Key takeaways: The online workshop "Leveraging business opportunities through design thinking" serves three purposes:
- Practice Design Thinking in times of uncertainty
- Develop innovative new business models in times of change
- Re-design your own business model
Module 1 starts with an introduction on Design Thinking as a method for generating new business opportunities in times of uncertainty and change. You will then work on a design challenge using Design Thinking tools like the Business Model Canvas. You will interact virtually with your peers and use digital services like Zoom as a video conferencing tool and MURAL for online design sprints with your team. The module ends with a Q&A session and a definition of the individual challenge you would like to work on during Module 2.
The second module allows you to pitch your personal challenge to your peers and get feedback and new perspectives in order to leverage your business opportunities. The session helps you refine your business model and practice the tools you learnt in the Module 1. The module closes with a wrap-up on how to best transfer your learnings and insights during this program into own business.
- Master the skills you need to navigate change.
- Gain techniques to better understand the social, emotional, and physical needs of your customers.
- Apply Design Thinking methods that will help you turn your customer needs into human-centered solutions.
- Get to know and use the state-of-the-art online communication and moderation tools e.g. Zoom, MURAL straight away.
- Showcase your new skills through tangible, real-world project challenges and apply it to your current situation.
- Expand your business network and strengthen your transformation in exchange with peers.
You will receive a digital WHU Executive Education Certificate after successfully completing the workshop.
This workshop is targeted at professionals and leaders who
- aspire to gain an understanding on how digitalization will impact the future of business modeling
- want to broaden and deepen their understanding of how to drive business modeling using digital tools
- are in charge of business development
- seek to gain insights into how they can have strategic impact on the business models of their organizations
The minimum number of participants for this program is 8, the maximum number of participants is 30.
Program format and module dates
The online workshop includes 6 hours of interactive learning through video conference, role-plays, group work and reflection. Both days start at 14:00 h and finish at 17:00 h, including breaks.
Online Workshop: Leveraging Business Opportunities through Design Thinking: Oct 20, 2020 - Oct 27, 2020
Online Workshop Design Thinking Module 1
- Oct 20, 2020
Online Workshop Design Thinking Module 2
- Oct 27, 2020