The Certified in Finance & Accounting Program provides specialization in the dual areas of finance and accounting. You will be introduced to the terminology of both topics and familiarized with the basics as well as some advanced concepts and theories. Courses are pitched at MBA level, which means that relevance and applicability to your job are at their core. All courses consist of highly interactive lectures as well as group work. You will receive a WHU Executive Education Certificate (incl. 8 ECTS) after successfully completing the program.
|Category||Finance & Accounting|
|Next date||Feb 27, 2021 - May 30, 2021|
Your program at a glance
The WHU Certified in Finance & Accounting Program gives you a comprehensive overview of financial decision-making and provides you with working knowledge on financial accounting.
The program consists of the following courses: Managerial Finance, Financial Accounting, The World Economy, Corporate Finance, Management Accounting.
To receive a certification, you must participate in 4 of 5 courses with a total of 12 teaching days, and successfully pass each course’s examination. The certificate grants 8 ECTS credits (13% of an MBA).
- Be able to understand and work with fundamental concepts of financial decision-making
- Gain the ability to make sound business decisions using these basic concepts
- Master the mechanics of financial accounting;
- Gain understanding of the institutional and conceptual foundations of accounting in Germany and Europe under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs);
The World Economy
- Understand the main drivers behind globalization of markets and players
- Understand the characteristics, implications and different forms of the foreign exchange (forex) market
- Understand the basic questions of Corporate Finance
- Become aware of how companies raise capital
- Learn about financing sources for corporations and equity financing
- Understand the major tools Management Accounting has to offer
- Define appropriate financial objectives for different organizational units such as production and sales units
The WHU Certified in Finance & Accounting Program is most suitable for young and middle management talents who would like to acquire solid knowledge in the areas of finance and accounting. In particular, participants with a first degree in engineering, law, social sciences etc. will benefit from this program.
Participants should be willing and able to engage fully during the courses, as team work makes up a substantial part of the programs and course gradings. The participants come from diverse industry and organizational backgrounds, further enriching the learning experience and creating a valuable network of peers.
Participants are expected to have a minimum of two years of professional experience.
For ECTS credits to be granted proof of a Bachelor or equivalent first degree is necessary.
Program format and module dates
The program consists of 4 courses, including 12 teaching days. The courses are held on Saturdays and Sundays at WHU Campus Düsseldorf.
Registration is possible until 4 weeks before the start of the course.
You can find the complete certificate regulation here.
You can select 4 courses out of the following courses:
Certified in Finance & Accounting: Feb 27, 2021 - May 30, 2021
- Sep 26, 2020 - Sep 27, 2020
- Oct 10, 2020
- Oct 11, 2020
- Oct 17, 2020 - Oct 18, 2020
The World Economy
- Nov 07, 2020 - Nov 08, 2020
The World Economy
- Nov 21, 2020
- Feb 27, 2021
- Mar 13, 2021
- Mar 27, 2021
- May 08, 2021 - May 09, 2021
- May 30, 2021