This interactive workshop is targeted at procurement professionals who aim at kick starting the revitalization of their supply base with innovative AI tools, cutting-edge e-auction designs, and negotiation approaches based on latest research in psychology and business. Refining today’s approaches to supplier interaction by having buyers take classical negotiation courses is no longer sufficient. Leading purchasing managers need to guide their teams strategically by using the right approaches in the right kind of situations.
|Next date||Jul 07, 2020 - Jul 09, 2020|
In cooperation with
Your program at a glance
This workshop creates a platform for procurement managers to shape the future of their firms’ supplier interfaces. We will demonstrate a full range of approaches from AI-based methods to behavioral insights. You will benefit from hands-on experiential learning, group work and exclusive networking opportunities, while attending a fully online format.
The program is offered by WHU in collaboration with BCG. You will receive a WHU Executive Education Digital Certificate after successfully completing the program.
What is your supplier match plan for the digital age? How will you combine technology and relationship-based approaches? What is the right mix to generate maximum value with your supply base?
Our workshop provides answers to these questions. We will cover the following topics:
- Knowing when to do what: identifying key characteristics of supply situations and tailoring effective interaction strategies.
- Getting your routine sourcing on the next level through advanced auctioning.
- Mastering complicated sourcing situations by understanding your supplier’s cost structure, creating leverage through smart bundling and multistage awarding processes, or leveraging supplier innovation.
- Getting ahead of the game by utilizing latest insights from behavioral and strategy research for your B2B negotiations.
- Setting up a high-performance negotiation organization (e.g. centers of expertise, building resilience, and playbooks).
The workshop is most suitable for procurement professionals in leadership positions, or on a career track towards a leadership position.
Participants should be willing and able to engage fully during the courses, as teamwork makes up a substantial part of the program. Participating procurement managers come from diverse industry backgrounds, further enriching the experience and providing a platform for broadening professional networks.
The minimum number of participants for this program is 12.
Program format and module dates
- 2 x 3 hours program on July 7 & 9, 2020 from 9:00 am till 12:30 pm (CEST) break included
- Fully interactive, real-time program
- Video conference and interactive online exercises
Online Workshop: Your new Supplier Match Plan for the Digital Age: Jul 07, 2020 - Jul 09, 2020
Online Workshop Part 1
- Jul 07, 2020
Online Workshop Part 2
- Jul 09, 2020