This program is offered by Leadership Choices and WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management. You will learn how to authentically add coaching to your leadership signature.
We will primarily learn how coaching works from a practical perspective. Using the Leadership Choices coaching model, you will be given insights into powerful questions and levels of listening. Moreover, you will learn to apply coaching interventions that have proven successful in a leadership context. Plenty of practical coaching work will take place in the classroom. You will also be asked to work with three real coachees, i.e. coaching clients, during the program. After successful completion of the program, you will receive a WHU Executive Education Certificate.
In cooperation with
Your program at a glance
As you grow as a leader in terms of impact and career, it is important to update your own way of leading. Being able to adapt your leadership style to the situation and the people you are leading is the key to greater leadership effectiveness.
Coaching is one of the most impactful leadership styles, as shown by the work of Daniel Goleman and others. It has the potential to unleash the full creativity of people and help create a culture in which people can grow.
At the same time, coaching is not merely a leadership technique: it is also an attitude that requires a certain level of leadership maturity. The leadership maturity of the senior people in an organization both enables and demarcates the leadership culture within the organization. If coaching is used with the wrong intentions, it can easily backfire and even reduce the trust of your people.
Using the Leadership Choices coaching model, you will be given insights into powerful questions and levels of listening. Further, you will apply the learnings of the course directly in live coaching cases that you will work with throughout the program. You will learn what your current leadership style portfolio looks like. Using the XLNC Leadership Assessment, you will see which styles you are actively using today and how comfortable you feel about applying them in any given situation. We will also discuss the leadership maturity and intention you need to coach others effectively. Using the concepts of vertical development, you will be able to reflect on your current action logic and learn how to improve this further.
Your personal benefit
- Enhance the impact and effectivity of your leadership
- Ascertain your own leadership style portfolio
- Learn how to turn random interactions into powerful coaching conversations
- Create greater empowerment for the people around you
- Unleash the creativity and accountability of the people you lead
- Maximize your potential as a senior leader through this unique learning experience with intensive, hands-on exercises
- Expand your professional network to an interdisciplinary team of leadership experts at one of Germany’s most renowned business schools
- Become part of an active network of peers and program alumni at WHU
Your company´s benefits
- Help your leaders become more effective
- Increase your managers’ job satisfaction and sense of purpose
- Create a healthier leadership culture in your organization
Ideal candidate profiles include:
- Experienced managers who want to reflect upon and improve their leadership portfolio
- Managers who want to prepare themselves for their next leadership challenge
- HR professionals who want to help their managers grow and want to create a coaching culture in their organizations
The minimum number of participants for this program is 12.
Program format and module dates
This program consisting of 3 modules with 6 presence days at WHU Campus Düsseldorf and 4 virtual sessions, starting May 18, 2020.