Deputy Dean and Associate Dean Academic Programs, Chair of the Institute for Industrial Organization
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management
- Empirical Industrial Organization
- Competition Policy and Regulation
- Monetary Economics
- Corporate Governance
- Sport Economics
Jürgen Weigand is Chair Professor of Microeconomics and Industrial Organization at the WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management in Vallendar, Germany. Professor Weigand earned masters, doctoral and post-doctoral degrees in Economics from the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg. Before joining the WHU in 2000, he held post-doctoral scholar positions at the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University, Atlanta, and at the Institute for Development Strategies in the School of Public and Environmental Affairs (SPEA) at Indiana University, Bloomington. Professor Weigand also worked as a fulltime senior advisor for the CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis, the Dutch government’s economic think tank in The Hague.
Professor Weigand’s areas of expertise are industrial economics, business strategy, competition policy and corporate governance. He has advised various international blue-chip companies from industries such as automotive, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, ICT, and energy, on business strategy and related issues.
Activities and Functions:
- Deputy Dean and Associate Dean Academic Programs, WHU
- Chair of the Institute for Industrial Organization, WHU
- Academic Director EMBA program and the Center for Responsible Leadership
- Chairman FIBAA-Accreditation-Commission for programs (F-AK PROG)