Corporate boards play an increasingly vital role in today’s disruptive business landscape. As a board member, you can shape the entire future of your organization by providing guidance and oversight on crucial issues facing organizations today, ranging from risk management, business strategy, sustainability and compliance.
Are you a senior-level executive currently serving on a corporate board, or aspiring to transition into this role? Or maybe you are a senior manager wanting to engage more effectively now with your board: This unique program was designed to give you pragmatic new insights and valuable tools to amplify your impact and secure your organization’s future
In a dynamic learning forum, industry and academic experts from WHU and IESE Business School will accompany you to ensure you magnify your contribution in your particular role, to create strategic value and ensure a sustainable competitive advantage for your organization.
In cooperation with
Your program at a glance
The program uses examples taken from real-life scenarios to illustrate the main challenges and responsibilities of corporate boards, with a focus on strategy, operations, finance, leadership, stakeholder management and the implications for family-owned businesses.
The key areas examined include:
- Corporate Board Key Roles and Responsibilities
- A Board Members Strategic Toolkit for long term strategy
- Corporate Boards as Early Warning Systems (Governance)
- Culture and Dynamics: Board/Chair/CEO
- Corporate Boards and Digitalization
- Navigating Disruption
- Activist Shareholders
- Finance, Marketing and Operations: Essential Board Issues
- Stakeholder Management
- Boards, Executive Succession and Cultivating Next-Generation Leadership
The High Performance Board program will expand your understanding of the main responsibilities, dynamics and strategic challenges of corporate boards and equip you with actionable insights to boost overall board performance.
With a highly practical approach, the program utilizes a number of proven academic methodologies including the case method, interactive lectures, very senior guest-speaker sessions with supervisory board members from some of Europe’s largest comanies, action-learning activities and team-based projects.
Two weeks before the program start, you will receive a package of pre-readings, which provide you with the theoretical groundwork to optimize both classroom time and learning outcomes.
- Pragmatic understanding of the roles, responsibilities and best practices of corporate boards and their influence on long-term success
- A stronger grasp of the pivotal processes and dynamics of successful corporate boards
- Frameworks for analyzing key organizational challenges in evolving institutional and disruptive digital environments
- Insights for encouraging an effective board culture, with strategies for managing conflicts and boardroom power dynamics
- Key competencies for cultivating strategic partnerships between board and senior management, advancing stakeholder interests
- Essential knowhow for leveraging diversity to boost board performance
The High-Performance Board Member Program is designed for:
- C-suite executives currently serving on corporate boards
- Next-generation leaders preparing to transition to a board role
- Top-level public officers
- Senior managers seeking to shape and engage their board of directors
Program format and module dates
This Program consists of three in-class modules covering 7 days in total.