The Certified in Strategy & Organization Program is the broadest of all WHU Certified in Programs. It introduces basic concepts and theories with regards to strategy and different functions in an organization. Courses are pitched at MBA level, which means that relevance and applicability to your job are at their core. All courses consist of highly interactive lectures as well as group work. You will receive a WHU Executive Education Certificate (incl. 8 ECTS) after successfully completing the program.
Your program at a glance
The Certified in Strategy & Organization Program gives you a comprehensive overview of strategy at both company and a competitive level and familiarizes you with the important functions within an enterprise.
This program consists of the following courses: Economics of Corporate & Competitive Strategy, Operations Management, Strategic Sourcing, Organizational Behavior.
To receive a certification, you must participate in 4 courses with a total of 12 teaching days, and successfully pass each course’s examination. The certificate grants 8 ECTS credits (13% of an MBA).
Economics of Corporate & Competitive Strategy
- Understand how enterprises can create value and position themselves within the arena of markets
- Examine how changes in economic or industry conditions affect business strategy and how to reduce uncertainty by anticipating the future evolution of the external environment
- Learn how to effectively analyze, manage, and improve the processes within manufacturing or service companies
- Analyze the essentiality of manufacturing in Europe
- Acquire in-depth knowledge about the main theories, concepts, and tools needed for successful global sourcing/supply management
- Receive a set of concepts and practical tools to use in support of your supply management decision making
- Develop a critical understanding of the key issues and concepts in organizational behavior
- Hone capabilities for leadership roles that require management of relationships, teams, and organizations
The Certified in Strategy & Organization Program is most suitable for young and middle management talents who would like to familiarize themselves with the basics of business administration. In particular, participants with a first degree in engineering, law, social sciences etc. will benefit from this program.
Participants should be willing and able to engage fully during the courses, as team work makes up a substantial part of the programs and course gradings. The participants come from diverse industry and organizational backgrounds, further enriching the learning experience and creating a valuable network of peers.
For ECTS credits to be granted proof of a Bachelor or equivalent first degree is necessary.
Program format and module dates
The program consists of 4 courses (3 days each), including 12 teaching days. The courses are held on Saturdays and Sundays at WHU Campus Düsseldorf. Registration is possible until 4 weeks before the start of the course.