The Online Certified in Strategy & Digitalization Program is a virtual Executive Education Program, focusing on the areas of strategy and digitalization. This program introduces basic concepts and theories and will equip you with necessary insights, skills, and tools to create outstanding strategies. Moreover, it presents an introduction into the topic of digitalization and will help participants to start their roadmap towards digital transformation. All online courses are pitched at MBA level, which means that relevance and applicability to your job are at their core. You will benefit from innovative teaching methods and a virtual but collaborative learning experience.. After successful completion of the program, you will be granted with a WHU Online Executive Education Certificate and 10 ECTS credits, which can be credited to an MBA (16% of an MBA).
|Next date||Mar 29, 2021 - Dec 19, 2021|
Your program at a glance
This program gives you a comprehensive overview of strategy and digitalization at both company and competitive level and familiarizes you with the important functions within an enterprise.
Participants can choose four out of the six following online courses: Strategic Sourcing, Strategic Management, Organizational Behavior, Strategy Execution, Omnichannel Business, Digital Marketing
To receive a certification, you must participate in four courses and successfully pass each course’s examination. The certificate grants 10 ECTS credits (16% of an MBA).
Strategic Sourcing - Online
- Gain an appreciation of the strategic role of sourcing/supply management in a global economy
- Acquire in-depth knowledge about the main theories, concepts, and tools needed for successful global sourcing/supply management
- Receive a set of concepts and practical tools to use in support of your supply management decision making
Strategic Management - Online
- Understanding the foundations of strategy
- Conducting analysis using core strategy tools to understand your competitive and organizational environment
- Doing strategic planning and decision-making
Organizational Behavior - Online
- Develop a critical understanding of the key issues and concepts in organizational behavior
- Analyze patterns and bottlenecks by reflecting on your own experience
- Develop and employ better people skills
- Hone capabilities for leadership roles that require management of relationships, teams, and organizations
Strategy Execution - Online
- Foundations for strategy execution management control systems
- How to allocate resources to customers
- Creating accountability and commitment: Diagnostic control systems, performance management, BSC, Compensation, shared responsibilities, etc.
- Strategic Risk and Change Management
Omnichannel Business - Online
- Understanding the challenges of the Digital Age and developing strategies for blending the physical and digital world
- Generating Omnichannel Consumer Insights (e.g., big data)
- Learn how to optimize Omnichannel Product and Category Management, Price Management, Cross-Media Communications, Relationship Management, Sales Channel Choices and Coordination, Omnichannel Fulfilment
Digital Marketing - Online
- Understand the impact of digitalization on Marketing
- Learn how to optimize your business models through digitalization
- Get to know analytic tools that can be used to change processes within the marketing department
- Learn how to optimize your customer experience
Expand your professional network at one of the most renowned German business schools and become part of an active network of peers and experts at WHU.
The Online Certified in Strategy & Digitalization Program is suitable for young and middle management talents from various industries with different educational backgrounds who are interested in a deep dive into the topic of strategy and digitalization. This program is the right fit for everyone interested in expanding their knowledge within a new field of expertise since there is no specific prior knowledge needed.
Participants are expected to have a minimum of two years of professional experience.
For ECTS credits to be granted proof of a Bachelor or equivalent first degree is necessary.
Program format and module dates
This program runs fully online. The program consists of self-paced learning and live-teaching sessions which take place on Saturdays at 1:00 pm (CEST).
All dates of the online courses can be extracted from the application form or requested directly (email@example.com).