The Strategy Formulation Program is a fast-paced program providing executives with the skills and tools to build and formulate a strong business strategy. By analyzing and discussing the different facets of business strategy formulation, you will create an understanding of the role of a company’s resources, capabilities, and limitations in this process.
On completion of this program, you will understand the foundations of strategy formulation, which processes are important for the course of strategic decision-making, and what effect a strategy has on the company’s performance. You will be able to assess current and formulate new strategies. Key concepts such as competitive advantage, value creation, planned versus emerging strategy, and strategic fit will be discussed. You will receive a WHU Executive Education Certificate after successfully completing the program.
|Next date||Dec 03, 2018 - Dec 05, 2018|
|Early bird fee||
until Oct 08, 2018
Your program at a glance
We will cover a variety of business strategy topics concerned with a company’s positioning in the context of different markets, industries, and locations. You will acquire agile strategy formulation tools, like lean start-up tools and the Business Model Canvas.
By explaining the interests of different stakeholders and the relation between different goals, you will understand how value is created and maximized. In addition, the importance of product life cycles and innovation will be explained.
The Strategy Formulation Program will address the following topics:
• Strategy formulation on the corporate and business unit level
• Strategic objectives and strategic goal-setting
• Different stakeholders and their perspectives
• Business Model Canvas and the Lean Start-Up
On completion of this program participants will be able to:
- Formulate a business strategy that suits the needs and visions of your organization
- Understand the concept of corporate strategy
- Identify why a strong strategy is essential for a company’s success
- Apply several strategy formulation methods and tools
- Optimize current business strategies
You will receive a WHU Executive Education Certificate after successfully completing the program.
Who benefits most from the program?
- Participants who are responsible for the formulation and implementation of corporate strategy within their company
- Participants who are in transition into a leadership position
- Participants who are interested in corporate strategy and strategy formulation
- Executives who have recently made a transition from a functional level to a general management level.
- Participants who are involved in strategic decision-making.
Program format and module dates
This 3-day program runs at WHU Campus Düsseldorf.
Strategy Essentials Part 1: Strategy Formulation: Dec 03, 2018 - Dec 05, 2018
Strategy Essentials: Strategy Formulation
- Dec 03, 2018 - Dec 05, 2018