The CIMA CFO Program will complement your experience and put you on a fast track to gaining the globally trusted and highly valued Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) qualification. With your vast experience in finance and business functions as a C-suite executive, we want to help you stay at the cutting edge of your profession.
This program is offered by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and hosted by WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management. After successfully completing this fast-track program and passing the Strategic Case Study exam, you will qualify as a Chartered Global Management Accountant.
|Category||Finance & Accounting|
|Next date||Feb 09, 2020 - Apr 26, 2020|
In cooperation with
Your program at a glance
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), founded in 1919, is the world’s leading and largest professional body of management accountants. Its unique blend of management accounting, financial accounting, and business-focused subjects produces highly capable and confident finance professionals who can lead their organizations to long-term success.
CGMA (Chartered Global Management Accountant) is the most widely held management accounting qualification in the world. It distinguishes more than 150,000 accounting and finance professionals who have advanced proficiency in finance, operations, strategy, and management.
The CIMA CFO Program consists of
- a virtual 1:1 consultation with the tutor before and after the program
- seven in-class days
- mock exam
- exam (computer-based, sat in one of the Pearson Vue exam centers around the world)
- CIMA membership application
In this fast-track program, candidates will only take the last exam of all exams of the CIMA qualification: the "Strategic Case Study Exam" of the CIMA qualification. The completion of this exam will then allow for
- application for CIMA membership and
- the "Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)" qualification.
Ahead of sitting the exam, candidates will attend preparatory classes at WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, campus Düsseldorf.
The participants will deepen their knowledge in three areas: Strategic Management, Risk Management, Financial Strategy with the following learning goals:
- Develop the skills and abilities needed by strategic leaders to direct and achieve the long-term success of their organizations
- Formulate and implement strategy
- Successfully lead and manage change
- Identify, evaluate and respond to risks that could impact on the Develop the competencies required to analyse and apply the techniques, processes and internal control systems required to manage risk
- Manage risks associated with both cash flows and capital investment decisions
- Formulate and implement financial strategy to support the overall strategy of the Develop skills to evaluate and recommend alternative sources of finance
- Develop competencies required to value investment opportunities including divestments, mergers and acquisitions
- CFOs, CEOs, and senior management who have previously worked in finance,
- Candidates who hold membership of a recognized professional accounting body, a finance related degree, or an MBA/Masters in Accounting,
- With at least ten years’ experience in finance or business functions.
Conditions for acceptance on the CIMA CFO Program
Applicants must submit a detailed CV which includes:
- personal details
- academic qualifications
- detailed work experience
CIMA will review the CV and assess both eligibility for the program and confirmation of practical experience.
The CIMA exam must be attempted within twelve months of registration with CIMA.
Program format and module dates
The program fee includes:
- Registration fee as a CIMA student
- Comprehensive face-to-face preparatory course comprised of: pre-course work, individual pre- and post-course consultations with the tutor, seven-day face-to-face revision and case study course, revision mock
- Fee for CIMA Strategic Case Study exam
- Membership application fee
*fees are subject to change
Special fees available for In Praxi members, please contact us at openprograms@whu,edu.
The application deadline is December 9, 2019. Please apply here.
The program takes place on the following dates:
The individual consultations start in February 2020.
CIMA CFO Program: Feb 09, 2020 - Apr 26, 2020
In-class Module 1
- Feb 09, 2020 - Feb 10, 2020
In-class Module 2
- Feb 28, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
In-class Module 3
- Apr 24, 2020 - Apr 26, 2020