Boost your General Management skills with the General Management Plus Program: By combining the WHU Management Essentials Program with the Capability Program, which we conduct in cooperation with BOOKBRIDGE, we offer you the opportunity to obtain a WHU Mini MBA certificate with 15 ECTS. At the same time, you will gain valuable experience in a social entrepreneurial project. During the WHU Management Essentials Program, you will enhance your general management skills in the areas of finance, leadership, strategy and entrepreneurship. Supervised by BOOKBRIDGE, you will establish a real-life and fully independent social business in an Asian emerging market during the Capability Program.
|Next date||Apr 01, 2020 - Jan 27, 2021|
|Locations||Switzerland, Mongolia, Virtual, Düsseldorf, Germany|
In cooperation with
Your program at a glance
Accelerate your career with the WHU Mini MBA Certificate!
With the General Management Plus Program (WHU Mini MBA Certificate) you acquire comprehensive expertise for your future as a successful executive in just a few months. In interactive courses, renowned WHU professors provide knowledge in the fields of strategy, finance, leadership, change management and entrepreneurship. At the same time, you will found a real, sustainable social business together with other program participants. For this purpose, you will develop a business plan, arrange financing and coordinate resources. After each module, you will receive a Take Home Exam, which you must submit digitally. You will receive 15 ECTS points upon successful completion of all exams.
The Capability Program (Social Entrepreneurship Project) consists of virtual collaborations as well as modules carried out in Zurich, Switzerland, and in a foreign country of the global South. While in Asia, you will develop your business plan as part of a design sprint and put it into practice immediately. You have to consider aspects such as sales, marketing, finance, products and services, recruitment, training and controlling. You will be challenged to assess the true needs of the local community and develop ideas to transform these needs into a viable business model. You will pitch in front of real investors to fund the project and will receive meaningful feedback on your strategy. Briefly speaking, a real-life learning Center.
The Capabililty Program runs over a period of 9 months. You can complete the three modules of the Management Essentials Program at the WHU Campus Düsseldorf simultaneously, before or after the Capability Program – choose the way that suits your personal schedule best!
- Strategy Essentials: Corporate strategy, formulation methods and agile tools. Strategy execution and change management.
- Financial Literacy: Fundamental concepts of finance & accounting
- Leadership Essentials: Leadership styles, self-leadership, and inspirational leadership
- Capability Program: the entrepreneurial project runs over the full length of the program
The program requires 26 presence days and 2 to 3 hours of virtual teamwork per week.
- Receive a WHU Mini MBA Certificate (15 ECTS) in an intensive program that suits your professional schedule
- Enhance your general management knowledge in strategy, leadership, finance, change management, and entrepreneurship
- Assess the needs of an unknown market
- Think and act as a real entrepreneur by setting up a tangible business
- Lead an international team in a virtual setting
- Transform ideas into viable business ideas and plan for entering a new market
- Reflect on your own leadership style and role
- Develop and leverage personal networks and engage in trust-based dialog
- Conduct market research in an intercultural context
- Bring education to a rural area in a country of the global South
The General Management Plus Program is the perfect choice for professionals and executives who are looking for a short-term program at MBA-level from one of the best business schools in the world. The program gives you the tools you need to become a true intrapreneur (i.e. applied entrepreneurship within an existing organization) in your own company!
Become an entrepreneurial thinker and a responsible leader who recognizes new business opportunities and quickly transforms ideas into viable business models. Represent the next generation of managers with sound knowledge of general management topics and a good sense of responsible leadership, and experience the results of your work in the long term.
Upon successful completion of the program and the corresponding exams (admission requirements apply for the award of ECTS credits), 15 ECTS credits will be granted and you will receive a WHU Mini MBA certificate. You can continue your MBA at WHU at a later stage of your career (the requirements and conditions of the MBA admission procedure apply).
Who will benefit most from the program?
- Managers who are in transition into a leadership position
- Managers and professionals with an educational background in a field other than business administration
- Managers and specialists who wish to hone their intercultural competences and leadership skills
- Managers and specialists who are interested in entrepreneurial thinking and acting as well as working in intercultural and challenging environments
- Managers and professionals seeking to broaden their international network
- Employees who aim at excelling as intrapreneurs within their companies
This part-time program is specially designed to combine a professional schedule with a learning opportunity, and is therefore very suitable for middle-management talents.
Participants should have a global orientation, be willing to engage in an entrepreneurial project and have sound knowledge of the English language.
Participants are expected to have at least two years of professional experience. For ECTS credits to be granted, proof of a Bachelor or equivalent first degree is necessary. The exact admission requirements can be found in the Certificate Regulations.
Program format and module dates
This program runs over a period of 9 months. The program requires 26 presence days and 2 to 3 hours of virtual teamwork per week.
You can apply for the early bird fee of €15,995 until 6 months before the program start.
General Management Plus Program: Apr 01, 2020 - Jan 27, 2021
Team Building & KickOff Design Sprint
- Apr 01, 2020 - Apr 03, 2020
Design Sprint on-site and KickOff Lean StartUp
- Jun 06, 2020 - Jun 13, 2020
Investor Pitch and Agile Business Implementation
- Jul 22, 2020 - Jul 24, 2020
Launch of Social Enterprise
- Sep 09, 2020
- Sep 17, 2020 - Sep 19, 2020
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Impact Assessment and Transfer of Learnings
- Oct 22, 2020 - Oct 23, 2020
- Nov 02, 2020 - Nov 04, 2020
- Jan 25, 2021 - Jan 27, 2021