The Online Certified in Finance & Economics Program is a virtual Executive Education Program, focusing on the areas of finance and economics. This program will introduce you to the fundamentals of both topics and will equip you with necessary insights, skills, and tools. All courses are delivered at MBA level, which means that relevance and applicability to your job are at their core. You will benefit from innovative teaching methods and a virtual but collaborative learning experience. After successful completion of the program, you will be granted with a WHU Executive Education Digital Certificate and 10 ECTS credits, which can be credited towards an MBA degree.
|Category||Finance & Accounting|
|Next date||Oct 12, 2020 - Mar 28, 2021|
Your program at a glance
The WHU Online Certified in Finance & Economics Program will provide you with the necessary knowledge, skillset, and tools to make financial decisions.
The program consists of the following online courses: Beating Financial Markets, Financial & Management Accounting, The World Economy, Corporate Finance, Economics of Corporate & Competitive Strategy
To receive a certification, you must participate in four of five courses and successfully pass each course’s examination. The certificate grants 10 ECTS credits (16% of an MBA).
Beating Financial Markets - Online
- Understand the basics of neoclassical economics and behavioral economics
- Be familiar with the basic tools needed to objectively assess investment projects
- Understand how financial risks can be managed and measured
Financial & Management Accounting - Online
- Being able to define a suitable corporate financial top-down objective
- Realize the key steps and ingredients of the budgeting process
- Understand the structure, functions, and interrelation of the basic financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement)
- Be able to perform a structured fundamental analysis of financial statements in order to assess a firm’s profitability, liquidity, and solvency
The World Economy - Online
- Understand the main drivers behind the globalization of markets and players
- Elaborate on the role of international institutions in trade conflicts
- Describe different forms of regional economic integration
- Learn about the costs and benefits of a monetary union
- Differentiate crisis prevention and crisis management
Corporate Finance - Online
- Derive the relationship between an enterprise’s stock price and the cost of equity
- Develop the necessary practical skills to estimate the cost of capital of an enterprise
- Understand the impact of financial leverage, tax, and financial distress on the cost of capital
- Learn about financing sources for corporations and equity financing
Economics of Corporate & Competitive Strategy - Online
- Understand how enterprises can create value and position themselves within the arena of markets
- Analyze where and when to compete, in particular how to distinguish attractive from unattractive markets
- Examine how changes in economic or industry conditions affect business strategy
Expand your professional network at one of the most renowned German business schools and become part of an active network of peers and experts at WHU.
This program is targeted at young and middle management talents who have an educational background in other fields and would like to acquire a solid knowledge in finance and economy. This program suits participants who would like to develop further and get an overview of the financial side of business.
Participants are expected to have a minimum of two years of professional experience.
For ECTS credits to be granted proof of a Bachelor or equivalent first degree is necessary.
Program format and module dates
This program runs fully online. The program consists of self-paced learning and live-teaching sessions which take place on Saturdays at 1:00 pm (CEST).
All dates of the online courses can be extracted from the application form or requested directly (email@example.com).