Boost your general management skills with the unique and award winning General Management Plus Program. In conjunction with our program partner BOOKBRIDGE, we offer you an exceptional combination of theory and practice: you will learn and experience all about the fundamentals of general management - finance, leadership, strategy, entrepreneurial thinking and acting - and apply the new management skills directly in a social entrepreneurship project: the Business Impact Project. Guided by BOOKBRIDGE, you will set up a real-life and fully independent social enterprise in one of Asia’s emerging economies. This program grants a WHU Mini MBA with 15 ECTS credits upon successful completion of the program and tests (admission requirements apply for the award of ECTS credits).
|Next date||May 20, 2019 - Mar 27, 2020|
|Locations||Düsseldorf, Online, Sri Lanka|
|Early bird fee||
until Feb 25, 2019
In coorporation with
Your program at a glance
Embark on a unique entrepreneurial learning journey
The General Management Plus Program challenges you to apply your newly gained general management skills in practice. In interactive sessions, WHU professors will teach strategy, finance, leadership, change management, and entrepreneurship. At the same time, you embark on building up a worthwhile, tangible business by developing a business plan, finding funds, and managing resources. Transfer sessions after each academic module ensure that the content learned is translated into applicable knowledge.
Experience a true entrepreneurship program: The Business Impact Project runs over the full length of the program, and from day one you will work in a virtual team together with fellow participants and partners from the local community in Asia. You will be challenged to assess the true needs of the local community and develop ideas to transform these needs into a viable business model. You will pitch in front of real investors for funding for the project and will receive meaningful feedback on your strategy.
In an 8-day on-site module in Asia, you will put your business plan into practice, including sales, marketing, finance, products and services, recruiting, training, and controlling. Finally, you will evaluate the success of the business that you have created economically, socially, and personally.
The General Management Training Program stretches over a period of 12 months in 2 calendar years and consists of 3 modules and the Business Impact Project.
- Strategy Essentials: Corporate strategy, formulation methods and agile tools. Strategy execution and change management.
- Financial Literacy: Fundamental concepts of finance & accounting
- Leadership Essentials: Leadership styles, self-leadership, and inspirational leadership
- Business Impact Project: the entrepreneurial project runs over the full length of the program
The program requires 24 presence days and 2 to 3 hours of virtual teamwork per week.
- Enhance your general management knowledge in strategy, leadership, finance, change management, and entrepreneurship
- Assess the needs of an unknown market
- Think and act as a real entrepreneur by setting up a tangible business
- Lead an international team in a virtual setting
- Transform ideas into viable business ideas and plan for entering a new market
- Reflect on your own leadership style and role
- Develop and leverage personal networks and engage in trust-based dialog
- Conduct market research in an intercultural context
- Bring education to a rural area
This social entrepreneurship program will make you aware of the skills needed and challenges faced by medium to large companies, and will give you the tools to become an intrapreneur (applied entrepreneurship within an existing organization) within your own organization!
Transform yourself into an entrepreneurial thinker and responsible leader, able to see new business opportunities and quickly convert ideas into viable business models. Represent the next generation of leaders with relevant knowledge on general management topics, a perfect sense of responsible leadership, and tangible and enduring outcomes of your work: A Learning Center.
This program grants a WHU Mini MBA with 15 ECTS credits upon successful completion of the program and tests (admission requirements apply for the award of ECTS credits).
Who will benefit most from the program?
- Participants who are in transition into a leadership position
- Participants who have an educational background in a field other than business administration
- Participants who wish to hone their intercultural competences and leadership skills
- Participants who are interested in entrepreneurial thinking and acting as well as working in intercultural and challenging environments
- Participants seeking to broaden their international network
- Participants who aim at excelling as intrapreneurs within their companies
This part-time program is specially designed to combine a professional schedule with a learning opportunity, and is therefore very suitable for middle-management talents.
Participants should have a global orientation, be willing to engage in an entrepreneurial project and have sound knowledge of the English language.
Program format and module dates
This program runs over a period of 12 months, covering 2 calendar years. The program requires 24 presence days and 2 to 3 hours of virtual teamwork per week.
General Management Plus Program: May 20, 2019 - Mar 27, 2020
Business Impact Project
- May 23, 2019 - May 24, 2019
Business Plan Kick-off
- Jul 19, 2019
- Oct 07, 2019 - Oct 09, 2019
Business Plan Pitch
- Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 11, 2019
- Nov 14, 2019 - Nov 16, 2019
- Jan 25, 2020 - Feb 02, 2020
- Sri Lanka
Wrap Up & Transfer Session
- Mar 26, 2020 - Mar 27, 2020